advertentie PDK Pallets reclame

Bouwj - Peugeot 307SW - cybernck

306, 307, 308 en 3008

Moderator: P-unit

cybernck
Contacteer:

Bouwj - Peugeot 307SW - cybernck

Bericht door cybernck »

Finally, I start a little story about my new car.

After 7 years of owning my lovely white 1993 405 T16, I've had to make a big change and sell it to fund something
more reliable, newer and with more boot space for my bicycles. The T16 went to the UK and I was on a lookout
for a 307, firstly an SW, but then i decided to get an ordinary Estate. I'd gone off of an idea of getting a diesel
powered car and wanted a relaxed drive, so I narrowed my choice to a 2.0 16v with Automatic transmission
and full optional equipment.

Afbeelding

The trouble was, when I entered that info in mobile.de, I found only six cars with those properties, out of more than
1500 307 Estates for sale :wacko:, so when I got a call from someone local who offered me exactly what I'd been after,
freshly imported from SUI and registered (and for a very good price), I've had to take it, eventhough it was the only
"colour" that I didn't want to get, doh.

So there you go, a nice, 5-year old at the time of purchase (a year and a half ago) 307, which is above my average
owned car age by far :lol:.

Afbeelding

The same colour scheme as the T16, but 10 years, 85 bhp and 2 driven wheels less ;). It's packed with equipment,
starting with a sequental automatic (4-speed) gearbox, ABS, ESP, GPS, GSM, MP3, board computer, automatic aircon,
all 4 automatic windows, electric folding mirrors etc etc, just lacking half-leather seats I've had in all my cars so far :).

After a mandatory checkup, oil and filter change and tracing the horrible knocking sound to one of the ARB bushes,
the car was ready for the road and I was ready to start customising it accoring to my vision of what a 307 Estate was
supposed to look like to begin with :).

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck

To be continued...
Steven

Bericht door Steven »

Must be quite a change going from a T16 to a 2 liter diesel... One step forward, cheaper at the pump, and 85 steps back :lol: But what a well-equiped car :shock: You can always buy a leather interior second hand... Good luck and keep us posted on the modifications!
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

It's not a diesel but a 2.0 16v petrol :).

T16 had to go because, out of 7 years I've owned it, it spend half the time standing broken :?.
205 Mi32 - The Twin Mi16 Engined 205 - http://www.205Mi32.com
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

I suspect someone from Peugeot management comes along when the car design is finished
and orders the engineers to raise the car by 10 cm's or something, as the height of new cars
in general, especially Peugeots, looks really artificial, compared to the car shape. At least from
my designer's point of view.

Afbeelding

And not just that but the body roll and suspension travel made for a boat-like driving "pleasure".
Maybe it's down to me, as I'm used to sporty cars (205 GTI and 405 T16) but driving the 307
made me sick, quite literally, and I was scared to take corners. Luckily, the cure for the sickness
and the design error came from the UK in a form of a Jamex coilover kit:

Afbeelding

Mounting it was a straight-forward job for Brkic Servis guys and here's the result:

Afbeelding

This has completely transformed the way the car handles - excessive body roll pretty much
eliminated, sharper turn-in, faster shock absorbing etc - and was definitely worth the money,
but it has also shown that the "balloon" tyres will have to be replaced with something that will
work better in conjunction with the coilovers.

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck

And the story continues...
CoLdBuRn

Bericht door CoLdBuRn »

Looks really nice,

how much did you lower it?

Greetings
pictunes op vraag, stino99@hotmail.com
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

Haven't properly measured it, but I'd say about 8 centimeters :shock: :D.
kiwi022

Bericht door kiwi022 »

Nice indeed :wink:
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

After I fitted the coilovers - the wheels and tyres were next on the list. I tried out my 307 CC
Challenger wheels (6.5x17" ET31) that I bought a few years ago with the intention of fitting
them on my "future" 307 :). I couldn't get hold of the 205/50/17 tyres (OE size), so I tried them
on with 205/45/17, but they were skinny for the 307's arches thus I decided to take them off.

Afbeelding

My 205 GTI needed a new battery, so I nicked it from the 307, which I replaced with a new
Varta Silver Dynamic 63Ah battery. That was a perfect timing as I was just about to start
fitting some audio equipment - a mixture of what I've already had and what I was able to
get in exchange for some work :). The original 307's 6-speaker audio system is horrible,
much worse than some other manufacturers' I'd say - and with an equally crappy preparation
for a better system (front woofers mounted on a rattly door card and with next to no volume
to work from).

Afbeelding

For the front speakers I got Ground Zero Titanium mk2 16.5 cm / 6.5" component speakers,
while for the rears I got 13 cm / 5" coaxials, from the same GZ range. The amplifier for the
front speakers (and a fututre sub-woofer) is an old but nice Magnat Rave 440, while the
headunit is an old trusty Kenwood cassette player with a 10 CD changer - this is my third
car I've installed it in :).

Afbeelding

The 307 is now a much nicer place to be in :).

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=3

Next update soon...
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

While searching high and low for a subwoofer to suit my taste, I tried out several different
10" and 12" subwoofers but none of them was what I'd been looking for. What they've all
had it common was a vented (bassreflex) enclosure. I figured out I need a sealed box
setup and then this puppy came along:

Afbeelding

Focal 33A 13-inch subwoofer in a compact sealed box. It worked like a dream and I've always
had a dream of having Focal speakers, so that was it! I also got a Kenwood 10 CD MP3 changer
and a 2-changer switcher with an additional AUX in. One of the small but important things I had
done was getting rid of the horrible licence plate holders and rivetting the plates on the car.

And then the BIG news, in every way - I got my new wheels! They are a replica of one of
my favourite wheels of all time - Arospeed RSGT. I went for graphite grey with polished rim
in 7.5x18" ET15 and with 225/40/18 tyres - they look great both off and on the car and fill
the arches perfectly.

Afbeelding

Together with the coilovers, the car now feels and handles exactly as I wanted - very tight.
I later lowered the front of the car by further 10-15 mm to get a near-perfect stance.
And like the coilovers, the wheels came from the UK as well :).

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=4

Next update soon!
Steven

Bericht door Steven »

Whow several big updates! Those wheels suit the car pretty well, looks quite sporty 8)
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

I decided to keep going with the Focal theme throughout the car, so I purchased nearly new
Focal 130CA (5"/13cm coaxials) speakers for the rear doors. Not that I will hear them much
but rear passengers may do.

Afbeelding

Entry-level Focals versus entry-level Ground Zeros. Focals are more sensitive, go a touch deeper
have clearer mid-range and have a much more detailed tweeter. Focals also have bigger magnet,
wider and softer rubber suspension and swivel tweeter.

I also purchased and retrofitted a cruise control stalk, as I hate keeping my foot steady for hours
on highways. It's almost a plug & play affair, at least on my car, with throttle-by-wire and automatic
gearbox, only actions required are a small mod to a lower steering column cover and setup in BSI.

Afbeelding

I've shown a step-by-step installation guide in the gallery, so take a look, if you're interested.

And finally, you can check the new ride height (after recent lowering) and see some interesting photos too:

Afbeelding

Photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=5
Steven

Bericht door Steven »

Once again, nice updates! Didn't know it was so easy to install cruisecontrol later on. What do you mean when you say it isn't integrated with your board computer?
kiwi022

Bericht door kiwi022 »

Love the rims and height on this one :shock:
MichelGTI

Bericht door MichelGTI »

welcome nice break you got there! 8)
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

Yeah, it's that easy, at least on my car with "electronic throttle" and
automatic gearbox. Older models may need an additional sensor and/or
some wiring added. But I think the guys who setup BSI for me have
recenltly put it on their HDI and it worked.

I said it's not integrated meaning it doesn't say "Cruise Control Activated"
nor can you set the speed digitally. We even initially thought it didn't work,
until I went to test it on open road.

You simply have to be doing certain speed (above 70 km/h and 3rd gear
for auto and over 50 km/h and 4th gear for manual, I think) and then
switch it on and it works. The speed is set by + and - buttons. Hit the
brakes and it cancels it. You can pause it (it releases the throttle and
unpause it to come back to speed again - which is handy).

Basically, it acts like hand-throttle, but that's good enough (especially
compared to no cruise control :lol:) and it's a worthwhile modification.

Hope this helps.
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “30x”