Bouwj - Peugeot 307SW - cybernck

306, 307, 308 en 3008

Moderator: P-unit

cybernck
Contacteer:

Re: Bouwj - Peugeot 307SW - cybernck

Bericht door cybernck »

Here's a small but sweet update :).

The almighty 6554F4 ESP OFF switch :-). Don't know what the price is, as I got it
as a part of a 307 CC center console.

Afbeelding

I really can't understand the logic of having all the wiring installed, as well as the feature
implemented, but deciding to blank it off instead of fitting a switch! :-/ The new button
fits straight in.

Afbeelding

Et voila! I can now turn off the ESP and traction control off, which is required sometimes
when the ECU can't figure out what's the best thing to do.

Full-size photos here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=11
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

With my cycle racing season finally over, I'm going ahead with my little project, finally mounting
some parts I've had laying around for nearly a couple of years now. Here you can see 307 Automatic
alloy pedal set I got off eBay, a genuine 307 CC leather steering wheel form a UK breaker's yard
and finally, some genuine 307 alloy front sill plates, part number 9623.76, also an eBay special.

Afbeelding Afbeelding Afbeelding

Mounting the brake pedal using supplied allen screws is straightforward after removal of the original
rubber pedal cover, as the holes for the screws are already there. However, throttle pedal was a bit
of a challenge and had to be removed because of the construction of the pedal.

Afbeelding

It would have been nearly impossible to position it right while at the same time manage to bolt it up,
so we riveted it on instead. The removable leg rest offers easy mounting of the leg rest pedal.
We opted for riveting on this one as well.

Afbeelding

Next up, the steering wheel. After disconnecting the battery, airbag is easily removed using two
flat-headed screwdrivers inserted in the holes at the back of the steering wheel. A word of warning -
do not fully unscrew and remove the main torx bolt until you've managed to release the steering wheel
from the steering crown, as you'll probably end up tearing off all the airbag connectors!

Afbeelding

Fitting the other wheel is a reverse of the removal. And there are no spare bolts left, for a change! :-)

Afbeelding

And finally, fitting the sill plates is super-easy and quick, as it comes with a self-adhesive tape
on the back. You just need to lift the plastic cover and rubber seal off of the sill seam, clean up
and degrease the surface, test-fit the sill plate and and then stick it on. Job done!

Afbeelding

I will continue with this "307 CC interior upgrade pack" in the next update too :).

Full size photos available here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=12
jurgen_s
Pug Driver

Bericht door jurgen_s »

nice update!!
Chris406

Bericht door Chris406 »

8) Very nice indeed !

steering wheel with the pedal-set and sill plates makes it look classy :Y
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

Next up - 307 CC white clocks with chrome rings, red needles and radial writing. Got them from the UK
(eBay once again), so they're in mph but they also have a km/h scale, in small print.

Afbeelding

It was not a simple plug'n'play affair though, because I needed to keep my circuit board. Therefore,
armed with a Torx bit, I started disassembling them to bits. I even had to go the lengths of cutting out
and swapping the center "display" part, so the warning lights would remain correct.

Et voila! Clocks finished, fitted back into the car and looking classy, in my opinion.

Afbeelding

And finally - a "before and after" shot, to sum it all up. The new details really smarten up the interior
and the steering wheel is much nicer to use.

Afbeelding

As far as interior mods are concerned, that's it for now, but I've definitely got another thing or two planned ;-).

Full size photos available here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=12
Chris406

Bericht door Chris406 »

Very nice indeed 8)
jurgen_s
Pug Driver

Bericht door jurgen_s »

OEM tuning 8) (if you can call it tuning of course)
Steven

Bericht door Steven »

Superb! And i don't mean skoda superb! Real nice job!
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

Hahaha, thanks. A lot more to come :).
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

My exhaust had developed a booming noise and eventually the pipe going into the backbox broke off,
so I took it over to an exhaust service place for a fix.

Afbeelding

While at it, I took an opportunity to remove the broken spare wheel mechanism to finally check
what's going on with it. The problem was quite obvious and it's a common one on 307 Break & SW cars.
The solution was simple - new cable made based on the original one - much cheaper than a complete
new mechanism from Peugeot.

Fitting it back on isn't such a simple job when you're doing it in a car park but the spare wheel
will finally be gone from the boot and back under the car!

Meanwhile, my expensive Varta battery had died (just outside the warranty period - typical).
I purchased a cheaper 60Ah one this time, that seems to do the job just as well.

Afbeelding

Full size photos available here: http://photos.cybernck.com/307breaknck?page=13
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

Just a quick update.

I've had this idea for winter wheels setup for a while and I've finally got it done now.
406 Coupe V6 Starfish wheels, 7x16" ET12. I don't think I've ever seen another 307
with them on.

Afbeelding Afbeelding

Nice and wide, they fill the arches just like the later version Coupe wheels (Hoggar)
I've had on the car in the past, but visually suit the 307 better. All I now need is
a V6 engine, haha.

PUG(z)OT
Pug Driver
Contacteer:

Bericht door PUG(z)OT »

nice the coupé wheels 8)
cybernck
Contacteer:

Bericht door cybernck »

Hello and Happy New Year! :)

The last year went without updates, but that doesn't mean I haven't done any work on the car.

First, a few photos from from a Winter trip to Budapest (HUN) and Spring trip to Split and Trogir (CRO).
Nice stance and still able to carry four people without any issues. And I love getting standard 307 Break
and/or SW examples in the same shot with 307 Breaknck :-).

AfbeeldingAfbeeldingAfbeelding

Other than low stance and big wheels, I also like big and powerful brakes! That's why I fitted
406 Coupe V6 Brembo 4-pot calipers that I used to have on my 405 T16 as well. However, the original
406 Coupe V6 setup uses 305x28 mm discs, but due to the design of 307's hubs, they fit straight on
only with standard 307's 283x26mm discs (just ilke on 205/206/306). This is not a huge upgrade,
looks silly and I don't like making compromises.

Therefore, I decided to go a step further - here's a 305x28 mm drilled and grooved disc fitted on.
However, there's not enough space for caliper-adapters, therefore I've had to get creative with it.
The solution I went with are Renault Megane RS 225 Brembo calipers with custom-made caliper mounts
(they have no mounts, unlike 406 Coupe V6 Brembo calipers with integrated mounts). Let's see how
it works out.

The caliper goes on just like planned. And here you go - 4-pot Brembo calipers with 305x28 mm discs
(note that the caliper is test-fitted up-side down in this photo). It's a massive improvement over
standard brakes! With custom caliper mounts, I could have gone for any disc size, but I've had to
stick with 305 mm setup in order to be able to fit my Winter wheels (406 Coupe Hoggars, 7x16" ET12).
They fit straight on, without spacers.

Just a test to see how they fit with Compomotive MO 7x17" ET15 - these wheels also clear the calipers
without the need for wheel spacers. However, with 307 Challenger 6.5x17" ET31 wheels, a 20 mm wheel spacer
is required in order for wheels to fit over the Brembo calipers. Of course, my RS GT 7.5x18" ET15 wheels
could easily house even bigger brakes with no bother.

Although I do have a few more things planned for the car (I'm quickly running out of ideas though),
I've now provisionally put the car up for sale, as I'm not really using it much. But I hope to be
able to do a few more updates first :).

Steven

Bericht door Steven »

Another nice update! 8)
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “30x”